Minimum Advertising Price (MAP) Policy
Just Mobile is a reputable brand name of a line of award-winning product designs that are iconic and timeless. In order to maintain a high quality image and pricing integrity of the Just Mobile product line, we are instating a Minimum Advertised Price (MAP) policy, and are asking for the understanding and cooperation of our channel partners.
1. PRODUCTS MAP TABLE. The following products have MAPs (Minimum Advertised Price) in effect, and Just Mobile is asking all resellers to honor this MAP. The phrase “Advertised Price” refers to regularly listed online unit price that can be easily picked up by price-comparison bots on the internet, or published unit price on printed catalogs that are freely distributed. Products not listed in the following table are not bounded by this policy. The following table will change occasionally to reflect new and discontinued products and to reflect competitive reality of the market place. When this table or the policy is updated, new notice will be sent to all authorized resellers.
2. REASONS FOR MAP. The reason for instating a MAP policy is for the benefit of our authorized resellers, by preserving maximum retail value of Just Mobile products. Just Mobile invests in a large annual marketing budget on tradeshows, ads in magazines and blogs, media public relations, and direct marketing -- all with the goals of building brand awareness and value, increasing consumer demand, and driving sales to our resellers.
3. COLLECTIVE INTEREST. Each reseller has its distinct core competencies in physical location, market focus, product selection, field expertise, and customer service style that attract and retain its customer base; there is really no need to resort to price-cutting tactics just to get sales away from other Just Mobile resellers. When a reseller willfully sacrifices its margin only to outsell other resellers, it undermines the collective interest of Just Mobile and all its channel partners. When a reseller sells low, Just Mobile loses brand- name equity and perceived values on its products among consumers. This action is not welcomed and is strongly discouraged. With consistent growth of Apple products in the past years, the premium-accessory market is much larger year after year. Just Mobile wants to facilitate a healthy market for our resellers that expand on the overall market share, not fighting among ourselves.
4. RULES AND REGULATIONS. To maintain and execute this MAP policy, from this point forward, every reseller (new or current) will be asked to sign a MAP agreement with its distributor before any Just Mobile MAP items can be purchased. All distributors are informed of this requirement and will enforce it.
5. ACTIONS AND IMPLICATIONS. Reseller who fails to honor Just Mobile’s MAP will be given verbal and written notices by its distributor to raise the price to MAP in a timely manner. Any reseller who persistently refuses or fails to honor manufacturer’s MAP will find its product cost raised significantly or supply terminated by its distributor soon after. We ask for upfront understanding and cooperation from resellers so strong action would not be needed later.
6. BENEFITS AND RESOURCES. As an added incentive and reward, Just Mobile authorized resellers will enjoy the following benefits and resources. (A reseller is considered authorized when it buys from authorized distributors and have signed a MAP policy agreement.)
a.) Listed on the where-to-buy section on the company website
b.) Featured in advertising material as where-to-buy locations
c.) Access to free promotional POPs, flyers, and catalogues
d.) Free access to download production-quality product images, videos, and data sheets
e.) Artwork design support (customized banner, email blast, retail store catalogues)
f.) Subsidized co-marketing programs
g.) Access to new products before launch Please contact us at email@example.com if you’d like to access any of these resources.
7. LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS. This MAP policy applies to advertised price of regularly listed Just Mobile products when it appears by itself. Just Mobile understand there are times (e.g. special occasions, or holiday shopping season) when it warrants a discount on Just Mobile products to provide extra incentive for consumers to buy during a short limited time. We want to formulate a policy that is reasonable, realistic, and enforceable. The following exceptions to MAP are allowed. Resellers can offer:
a.) A percentage discount at check-out, (e.g. 15% off on Just Mobile products at check-out). No break-down of discounted unit price of Just Mobile product is allowed (e.g. “only $15/ea after 15% discount”).
b.) A bundle price on items that includes Just Mobile product(s), (e.g. a Just Mobile AluPen sold with a case for $50/bundle price, or 2 Gum Plus for $120).
c.) A “buy x get y free” promotion, (e.g. buy an Encore and get a Lazy Couch for free, or buy 3 get 1 free).
The time element is crucial. No exception to MAP is allowed unless the sale is for a limited time, no longer than 7 days. No back-to-back sales, and new sale must be 2 weeks apart. The sale duration needs to be prominently displayed near the special offer claims.
In short, limited-time promotions that do not advertise the after-discount unit price of a Just Mobile product is allowed. The intent of MAP is to preserve the regular retail value of Just Mobile products, online and on printed publications.
8. If this MAP policy is in conflict with any U.S. state and local laws, then the state and local laws prevail.